My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Saturday, September 30, 2006

sunflower

A friend of ours asked me to paint a sunflower for him to give to his mom for Christmas and I'm pleased with how it turned out. I usually paint small, detailed things but it was very liberating to do something big and bold. Here it is:



Hopefully he'll like it and, more importantly, his mom will, too!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I love it! You constantly delight us with your art talent.

Mom

3:36 PM  
Blogger babs said...

oh wow, that's awesome! I'm reading the Mermaid Chair right now, and the main character is an artist. But dang, I bet you're better than her!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

oh my GOD, Nicole! I love it. Next time I need a painting...

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the composition! THe colors are so vibrant.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home