My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Friday, September 29, 2006

comic genius



Yesterday one of Cole's friends came over after school for a playdate, or "club meeting" as they called it. They had a great time since my husband seems to enjoy playdates as much as the kids do. He orchestrated a paper ball fight while we waited for the pizza to arrive.

At dinner the boys clowned around telling goofy jokes as they scarfed their food. They went around the table spouting innane, non sequiturs and cackling maniacally. All the big kids had had a turn when the friend, who is an only child and doesn't have a lot of experience with two year-olds, said, "Your turn Cooper!" The room fell silent and all eyes fell on the little guy. I don't think his brothers had ever considered that he might be able to tell a joke, too. Cooper's face got serious and you could see the wheels turning. He looked a little worried. I was about to explain to Cole's friend that two year-olds don't really tell jokes yet, when Cooper brightened up and shouted,

"I AM POOPY MAN!"


They roared with laughter and he glowed from his comedic success. It seemed pretty advanced to me that he already understands a basic rule of boy jokes:

When all else fails, resort to bathroom humor.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the cookie face! It's the makeup for 2 year olds.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Lisabell said...

That. Is Awesome.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Oh, well...he's found the key to amusing all boys from the age of about 2 on then. That is HILARIOUS!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

He is clearly advanced. ;)

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home