My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Ta-DA!

Now that school is in session for my two older boys, I'm looking at possibly six, count 'em, six free hours a week to do whatever I want! (The little guy naps in the afternoons, for those of you doing the math.) So while two are away socializing and learning and one's in la la land, I plan to get back to painting. And while I'm at it, I am going to try to start my own little home-based business of home portraits since I happen to love architectural subject matter. So here's the painting I've been working on to use on my marketing materials. We drove around Denver and found this house, which I love, to use as my sample. I have no idea who lives there but I wish it was me. I took a picture to work from:





And now, here is my rendition of it:




Yes, I took the liberty of adding some extras, but hopefully it looks close to the original. I hadn't painted in so long I know there's room for improvement but I'm looking forward to doing more. I haven't decided on prices yet so if anyone has any advice on how much a 9X12" acrylic painting with about 12 hours worth of work in it is worth, please let me know!

5 Comments:

Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Nicole, you are SO talented. Your sister showed me the painting you did for her when I was down before she moved. It was so cute! I'm sure you could do quite well selling those kind of portraits too.

Thank you so much for your comments and book referrals on my blog post tonight. I will definitely have to look into those books. Reading and researching always makes me feel better too--like I'm armed with more ideas for when things get rough again.

It helps to know someone else who has a 1st grader who has some struggles too. It's a rough year for them all, I think.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Lisabell said...

You go, sistah! That is AWESOME. I can't wait to see you on Oprah after you hit it big :)

I'm very proud of you.

10:33 PM  
Blogger mommagirl said...

In a Word, Beautiful.

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is beautiful, what a talent. Good luck and I can't wait to see more from you.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Nicole, you are so talented! I'm so happy to see some of your work! I think people would love to have portraits of their houses, what a great idea!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home