My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Thursday, October 26, 2006

things to do on a snowy day

Around 3am this morning it started snowing and didn't stop for about 12 hours. As a result, we had about 18" of snow to enjoy and it just so happened my husband was off of work and my boys were out of school. So we had a busy day together.

We went sledding, and there's nothing like having your two year-old say, "I love it!" as you're about to take off down the hill for the seventh time with him on your lap.



We built an awesome fort with our neighbors and then had a snowball fight:



We made cool things out of clay (this one compliments of my middle boy):



We had a play date with two of the boys' favorite friends and drank hot chocolate with way too many marshmallows. My husband managed to serve it all up with a crow perched on his head. He's so talented (actually that was just a funny camera angle, the bird is up on the cabinets.)



But even with as much fun as we had, I think Fangun had the best idea of all:



I guess it's just a little hard to curl up on a cozy bed as the snow falls outside when you have three or five little boys to keep busy. I have to say, snow rocks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisabell said...

I love it too!! You look you had more fun than me, though; I spent the day on the lovesac, in front of my fireplace, working on my laptop. Ok, the first two points weren't bad... ;)

12:06 PM  
Blogger babs said...

AWESOME!!! I think it would be such a blast to go sledding with your kids. Great pics. (and altho it's 70 here, I sure wouldn't mind me some of that hot chocolate) ;)

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun!!!! I haven't played in snow in years.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fun photos; the sculpture is so sweet

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home