My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Sunday, June 11, 2006

a boy, a birthday and a waterballoon sling-shot

My oldest turned six yesterday and it was one of the best birthday parties so far, if I say so myself.



I did the planning but as soon as the party started, my husband and his best friend were in charge. And I couldn't have done a better job! It takes real men to understand the hearts of boys and know that all they need to be happy is a summer day, an open field, and a water balloon sling-shot. We must have had 500 water balloons, which had taken hours to fill, and they were gone in a matter of minutes. But it was 15 minutes of pure bliss and when they were gone the party was not over, oh no, it was just beginning. Because, you see, a water balloon sling-shot is not limited to being used just for water balloons. It also works well for sending hot dogs, which were uneaten by all the kids because of all the fun, sailing 250 feet through the air. Then after those were gone, they began the water gun fight which lasted for another hour.



Meanwhile, my middle boy had fun with his water bottle binoculars:



And my youngest was thrilled by the act of dumping water on himself from a cup. He's so easy to entertain:



By the end, everyone was cold, wet, and hungry (since the hot dogs were long gone). It was a success.



Today, he began his day by asking me how long it will be until his seventh birthday. 365 days, little man. And I hope we'll make them good.

4 Comments:

Blogger babs said...

Look at that super-cute smile! You can tell he had a BLAST on his b-day. And all it took were some water balloons. Man, those were the days!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Lisabell said...

You can tell from his picture that he's having the time of his life! And I LOVE the pic of Cooper entertaining himself -- priceless. And finally, don't we all wish sometimes that we could view the world through water-bottled glasses???

They're all just too precious.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

CUTE, HAPPY Children. Well done, mama!

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That smile. Edible.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home