My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Sunday, May 21, 2006

birthday boy

Here he is, the birthday boy! My two year-old baby celebrating his big day. And it's true what Crazy MomCat says about the 2nd birthday being the best. He was quivering with anticipation over his cake and presents. He ate his cake with his big brother hovering over his shoulder (the one with the sweet tooth).









Then, it was time for opening gifts and wrangling little boys.





He got some awesome gifts from a bug vacuum (something for sucking up unwanted spiders and other insects...pure genius) to a bubble light and some cool blocks in a wagon. The final gift was from my husband and me. A shiny, red tricycle. As I wheeled it out he saw it and yelled, "BIKE!" and jumped right on. His joy was only slightly interrupted by one of the other two year-olds trying to tackle him trike-jack it.



But of course, a two year-old's birthday party would not be complete without the complementary fit induced by too much sugar and missing a nap.



I just can't believe he's two. And neither can he because he keeps telling everyone he's six.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisabell said...

M.U.F.F.I.N.

I can't believe he's two either. I still remember walking into your hospital room the morning after he was born, and seeing you all casual, sitting up in bed with a 5-month-old sitting next to you -- then realizing that was your new baby.

:O

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable, he is just so cute!

Happy Birthday to your little munchkin.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Adorable! Glad it was a good day! Oh, and the bug vacuum was a hit at our house with my son a few years ago too. They'll all love that!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

There is something about a two year old...their stubborn refusal to call themselves by their actual age. My daughter calls herself four or six, depending upon whose asking. But, then again, she also refuses to be labeled as a boy or a girl--saying, "I'm a puppy!" when she's asked and requesting her plate on the floor to eat "properly". Hope you have fun this wild and beautiful year...

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home