My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Thursday, May 11, 2006

to be three again

You may recall from one of my earlier posts how I feel about Wal-Mart. Those feelings of love and appreciation were re-enforced this week when I found my son a "Thing" costume for $1. That's right, $1. He lives to dress up as strong, powerful super heroes. Here he is in his cool new outfit flexing his muscles and demonstrating his super-human strength by lifting the ottoman:




He wore it when we walked to school to pick up his brother and as we passed a group of construction workers, they oohed and ahhhed and said, "Man, you must be working out!" He just stared at the ground and kept plodding along as if it was normal to parade around in a costume in May. He was too into his character to speak. On the way back, we passed a little girl who was wearing a girly costume and dancing down the street with abandon. Each was in their own fantasy land on opposite sides of the street. The Thing and Snow White, living in parallel universes in the same suburb.

Makes me wonder. If I could be anyone who would I be?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole that is adorable. The construction workers stoking him. So adorable! What a cutie!

6:06 AM  
Blogger babs said...

That costume is AWESOME... and as for dressing up as an adult, I love that too! Unfortunately, I never get my act together in time for halloween... maybe if I start in May this year, I could be ready. ;-)

3:59 PM  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

These pictures were hysterical--since I usually have a caped Lord of the Rings warrior running around here, I could certainly relate. If I could be anyone, who would I be? Oh...that question gets me thinking.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Oh my gosh! My SON would love that! OK, OK...looks like I can brave Wallyworld one more time to see if I can find that or some other superhero ones for his dress-up bin.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home