My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Sunday, April 20, 2008

answered prayer

Sometimes the answer to a prayer comes in time. Sometimes a little and sometimes a lot. Sometimes the answer is a gracious Yes, but then sometimes, for reasons unknown, the answer is No. Whether I like it or not.

Sometimes prayers are answered in subtle ways. And then there are the times that always shock me for some reason, the times when a prayer is answered immediately and so clearly that I have no doubt in my mind it was from above.

For the last few weeks I've been wearing myself out. I've been cleaning, organizing, packing and yes, praying, the get ready for the sale of our house. I've had the carpets shampooed, I have scrubbed the bathrooms 'til they shine, I've wiped down the baseboards and windows. Heck, I've even dusted our lightbulbs, people. I've made multiple trips to various nurseries and spent a lot of money on plants and flowers to brighten up our yard so that the 'target buyer' will walk in and be so amazed at the cleanliness and beauty that is our house, they will make a full price offer on the spot.

I am exhausted.

So, after all this work, all this effort, guess who bought our house? A cash buyer from out-of-state who has never even laid eyes on the place. Hahaha! Once again I can hear God laughing at all my plans and schemes because once again, His were even better! He sent us a buyer who is qualified, motivated, flexible and reasonable! We can move out whenever we find a new place because he's not on a deadline to move in. We could not have imagined a more perfect situation.

So to anyone out there who sent prayers our way, thank you. They have been answered.

3 Comments:

Blogger babs said...

Congrats! That does sound pretty perfect!

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you sold it so fast! Good luck house hunting, (I know of a few in texas hint hint)

2:25 PM  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Congrats to you! Can't wait to hear about where you end up next!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home