My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

winter "wonderland"

This is what our cul-de-sac looked like a year ago after two consecutive blizzards:



Those are all my neighbors digging their way out of several feet of snow since the snow plows had bigger fish to fry. And here are the boys and me in front of the pile my poor husband had to shovel from our driveway:



Thank goodness we haven't seen anything like that this year! It has been snowing consistently though. Every time the grass starts to show again it doesn't last for long. I'm getting a little winter weary so I'm going to try and focus on the good things about it.

Like the new sledding hill we found!







And building forts!





So to borrow a little poem from Roy McKie and P.D. Eastman, in their profound book that I have had the honor of reading hundreds of times entitled, Snow:

Snow! Snow!
Come out in the snow!

Snow! Snow!
Just look at the snow!
Come out! Come out!
Come out in the snow!

I want to know
If you like snow.
Do you like it?
Yes or no?

Oh yes! Oh yes!
I do like snow!





Well at least the boys do. And that's what counts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home