My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Thursday, October 18, 2007

fall

Fall is just about my favorite time of year, especially here in Colorado. We haven't had our first snow yet but it's cooling off. We made it up to the mountains a couple weeks ago to see the Aspens and it was as awesome as ever.



Giant leaf!




Then I got to go on a field trip with the little guy to a pumpkin patch and "haunted house". He actually loved the haunted house and went through it four times. His little pre-school friend did not like it as much. He was in tears by the end and once we got out the teacher asked my boy, "Did you protect him in there?" He said, "Yes. I mean, actually, no." Such an honest little guy. I was so proud when his teacher pulled me aside and said he is always making them laugh in class and one of the other teachers said when she has kids she hopes they're all like him. Then he got to pick out a tiny pumpkin to take home. A pumpkin with a pumpkin:





Then today we went to the Denver Botanic Gardens for the first time and it was incredible. I never thought a bunch of plants could be so cool but they were. There were acres of pathways through all different kinds of gardens. A real paradise for boys. In fact, they said they want to live in the Botanic Gardens. The ponds full of fish were the boys' favorite spots.









(For those of you who noticed, yes, I did cut my hair off! Thanks to Crazy MomCat, I got up the nerve to take about 6" off and I am so glad I did!)



They even spelled out GO ROCKIES! with pumpkins. Sadly, I didn't even know who the Rockies were until about 3 weeks ago. They've never made it even close to the World Series before so things are pretty exciting around here these days! Especially since the Broncos aren't doing so well this season...



But one of my favorite fall scenes is right out my window in our own backyard.



Thankfully our neighbor had the foresight to plant such an awesome tree. I like to pretend it's mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home