My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Thursday, March 29, 2007

it's a small world after all

Last night at the grocery store check-out, I felt a light touch on my arm and looked up to have a woman ask, "Excuse me, but are you from San Antonio?" Before I even answered, 'Yes,' I recognized her face. "Are you Kristen?" She looked surprised and said she was. She remembered my face but not my name so I re-introduced myself.

I wasn't surprised that she hadn't remember my name. Although we'd been on the high school dance team together years ago, I was a year younger and had been so quiet and shy I was surprised she remembered me at all. But here we were, both of us a couple states away from our old high school, in the same grocery store at the same time.

"Do you have any kids?" she asked. When I told her I had three boys, she excitedly said she had two boys of her own. They've been in Colorado for three years, and it's been almost two for us. We've been literally blocks away from each other, living parallel lives and hadn't run into each other until yesterday. What are the odds?

We exchanged numbers and plan to get the boys together soon. It will be interesting to get to know her all these years later, in a completely different arena. No more high kicks, football games and competitions. Both of us a little heavier and rough around the edges from motherhood. I remember admiring her back then, as a dancer and person. She was one of the few genuinely nice and non-catty girls on the team.

Makes me wonder who else might be near. I should pay closer attention...

1 Comments:

Blogger Movin Mom said...

That is oh so very cool!
Stuff like that never happens to me.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home