My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

the clean gene

One of my youngest son's favorite Christmas gifts is his boy-sized vacuum cleaner. He comes running with it whenever I pull mine out and vacuums right along with me, beaming from ear to ear.


Yesterday I finally remembered to get him some batteries for it so it would seem even more realistic. I wanted to install them right away but we could not find his vacuum anywhere. We looked upstairs, downstairs and in the basement. Finally, he lead us to it...he had parked it next to mine in the pantry.



Later that night when I was about to put him to bed, he was still going at it, back and forth in the corner.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Cleaning up the raisin," he replied.

Sadly, he was trying furiously to vacuum up a raisin stuck in the carpet. He had true faith that his little machine actually had suction powers. I managed to convince him that raisins are just too sticky to be vacuumed up and it had nothing to do with his cleaning abilities. Thankfully he went to bed peacefully, satisfied with his day's work.

If only it did work for real. I would never have to vacuum again...

2 Comments:

Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Allelujah for the cleaning gene!

We have that same dirt devil toy model! My daughter also thinks it really works.

By the way, they do make a real kid-sized vacuum. I know because my nephew was obsessive about vaccuuming and his parents bought one. It isn't cheap, but hey, if you really wanted to take advantage of the happy vacuuming boy, I say it is WELL worth it. Now, if I could only get my toddler to mop...then I'd be in business!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Movin Mom said...

okay I know we have discussed our connections in the past but
i did not know that you did the SWTU thing....How old are you?
My sis in law went there so I knew a few girls she was friends with along with my daughters godmother.

Maybe you know them. Although..my guess is that you are young.

you always have the longest word verifications-

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home