My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Monday, March 27, 2006

picture of my youth


Since today is my birthday, it's all about me. So here is my addition to Crazy MomCat's call for a "picture of my youth"...

Here I was at three and a half years-old. According to the extensive baby book my mom kept, I was described as: a "real character", sweet, and hard-headed. My crooked bangs in the above photo were evidence of the hard-headedness. My mom cut my hair herself and I would not cooperate. Things I liked were: cats, the outdoors, swinging, bike riding, the hula hoop, climbing trees, dresses, and keeping my hair neat. Could I have been any more ordinary?

I was in pre-school and I remember I had a boyfriend named Jerry. He would actually participate in mock weddings with me at his house after school. He gave me a kite.

My little brother was brand-new and I remember people were always asking me about him but I didn't really care. Only as he grew older and began tormenting me did he factor into my consciousness.

I was a happy child but had a temper. I guess not much changes in 30 years!

3 Comments:

Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

I think you are adorable! Thanks for participating. I'll go link you up now!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Diane Viere said...

What a miracle baby you are! So cute!

Diane

4:29 PM  
Blogger Lisabell said...

You were never ordinary. btw -- you have always been... so YOU! You're such a...Nicole. ;)

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home