My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Thursday, March 09, 2006

allow me to introduce my husband

Our 8th anniversary is coming up at the end of this month and I can't believe it. It really seems like it's been about 3. It just so happened that I married the perfect man. If I'd had a catalog where I could have designed and placed an order for the right man for me, I couldn't have done a better job. He's got it all. He's not only tall, dark and handsome, he's a renaissance man. He can build anything, fix anything, move anything and he's the best cook in the world. He can mix the perfect bourbon and coke. He loves to cook, read, fish, play guitar and he doesn't watch sports. Not that he's not athletic, he's a former Marine. And not just any Marine - he provided personal security for the Supreme Allied Commander of NATO. He's the cream of the crop.

He's charming, funny, sexy, sarcastic and brilliant. We are on the same page when it comes to God, children, finances, and the future. His strong character and work ethic have brought him and our family success and security. He honors his parents and mine. He would die for any one of his family and friends. He is loyal and faithful. He is genuine and true.

As a father he is there. He is loving, patient, and involved. He takes it seriously. And most of all, he enjoys it. I am often inspired by his ability to have fun with them as soon as he walks in the door after I'm spent from a day of caring for them. He reminds me that being a parent is about more than fulfilling their physical, emotional and spiritual needs. It is a gift that shouldn't be squandered. And it's a gift that is changing every day.

I can't take credit for finding and "roping in" this amazing person. Actually, I had been on a painful path to marrying the wrong person. I was in a relationship for years with someone who made me feel worthless. He didn't value me or love me for who I was because, at the time, I didn't value or love myself for who I was. But God knew me and He had things in store for me that I never dreamed I'd have someday. I almost settled. Thank God, I didn't.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

You forgot to mention what fabulous taste he has in women.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Oh, I know so how you feel about how he is when he comes home with the kids. My husband amazes me with mine as well. He's been out of town all week, and it has been a true reminder to me of what a valuable part of our family he really is and how I would really SUCK as a single parent!

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home