My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

happy anniversary



It was eight years ago today that we got married in a tiny little hill country church. It was a sunny, cool spring day and the wildflowers were blooming. I remember walking with my Dad over to the church from the little B&B around the corner where I had stayed with my sister the night before. All of a sudden I was swarmed with lady bugs all over my white dress. We tried to brush them off gently without squishing them but I didn't really mind them. They say ladybugs are good luck. I started to get nervous as we walked up to the church doors but as soon as they opened and I saw him at the end of the aisle, I relaxed. Everything went smoothly that day except that the best man left for New York with our marriage license in his pocket. We weren't "official" until a week later when he returned and everything was signed.

A lot can happen in eight years. Three little boys, a new state. New job. It makes me wonder where we'll be in eight more. Cole will be 13, Clayton 11 and Cooper 9. Mind boggling. Who knows where we'll live. We have a long history of not staying put. Maybe there will be one or two more babies? (Just throwing that out there for a reaction) Who knows what's in store for us? But I'm looking forward to finding out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

Happy Anniversary! -Tam

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Happy Anniversary. I noticed it on the calendar this a.m. and was sorry I'd not sent a card. I thank the Lord every day for connecting you and Dane. You bless everyone with your good example of love.

Mom

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home