My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

cole's collectibles



I remember reading somewhere that children usually start collecting things around six years old. I was a big-time collector as a child. My collections included: rocks, fossils, polished rocks (separate from the regular rocks, of course), frog figurines, stuffed animals, turtle figurines, smurfs, and pretty much anything small and cute.

I was in Cole's room the other day when it dawned on me. It had been developing right before my eyes but I hadn't seen the big picture. Cole has a collection. It's a weird one, too. He seems to have an affinity for things trapped inside containers that are filled with water. I think it started with the "ball bubble lamp" he begged and pleaded for until he got it on his 4th birthday. As you can see, now there are balls, dinosaurs, action figures...all drowning in various bottles and jars. Yes, even a beer bottle was used for one of them. Snow globes and water games round out the group. Interesting....what could this say about his psyche? Makes me wonder. Should I be worried?

2 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I have a friend with a dauighter who likes to collect bugs from outside and then hide them throughout the house. Ugh. You're good with the bubble contraptions...

9:26 PM  
Blogger Lisabell said...

That is really funny! He's nothing if not original...

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home