My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

meet fangun

This is our (fairly) new cat, Fangun. I picked him out at the animal shelter where they had dubbed him "Bernard". He had been a stray so they had no history on him but he has been the perfect family cat. When I first brought him home, I thought he'd bolt as soon as he saw all the little eyes upon him. But he actually perked up and went over to the boys right away. He has more patience that any cat I've ever seen. He puts up with grabbing, pulling and squashing without even so much as a growl. I catch Cooper pulling on him occasionally and as soon as he sees he's been busted he'll start petting him nicely saying, "sooooft, soooft" with a twinkle in his eye. And he's not even two. "Bernard" did not seem right for him. We went through many names over the course of his first month with us, but none that stuck. Until one night Clayton came up to my husband and announced seriously, "Dad. I have a name for the cat. Fangun. Fans pop soft sings (meaning 'soft things'-balloons to be exact) and guns kill manimals (animals). A dangerous name for a dangerous cat." We have no idea why he considers him to be a "dangerous cat" since he puts up with everything they dish out, but maybe when you're three and you have an animal almost half your own size living in your house and sometimes sleeping on your head, it may seem a little risky. Long live Fangun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

I love how you named the cat and I love your analysis of the whole 'dangerous' thing. You're right - we have NO idea just how things seem from their point of view. Fangun could be a giant wild tiger as far as the kids are concerned.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Lisabell said...

Ahh, the story of fangun :) He looks/sounds like my kinda cat! I can't wait to meet him in all his excellence...and danger...

10:50 AM  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Oh, I have a boy. Dangerous is often a compliment! And, I LOVE the name!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home