My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Monday, February 27, 2006

the belly


This, ladies and gentlemen, is why I keep having babies. This particular belly belongs to my youngest, Cooper, who is now 21 months old. He was born weighing 10 lb. 6 oz., 23" long, and he is j.u.i.c.y. He now weighs in at 33 lbs. Thankfully, his baby fat is still hanging on because his 2 big brothers are getting tall and sinewy. He is very proud of his belly and will show it to anyone who requests to see it. He even refers to it affectionately as his "buddy." It's like a baby yolksac. As soon as it starts to be absorbed to change his little baby body into a little boy body, I don't know what I'm going to do. I am willing to have another one. But my husband is maxed out on children. He has all these "concerns" and silly ideas about "how are we going to support all these people?" and "what about college costs?" Silly man. If we had worried about that kind of thing to start with, we would be alone in our cold, quiet house right now and may even be subjected to long periods of silence where we might even (dare I say it?) have a complete thought. I don't know how we could handle uninterrupted sleep or eating our meals sitting down. And all the extra cash in the bank would just be a burden. But of course, this is what it's all about, people. My name is Nicole and I'm addicted to babies. Especially baby bellies.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisabell said...

I Love It, Sistah! I so want to blow a raspberry on his buddha belly right now!! I'm so excited that i'm going to be seeing/hearing more about you guys on a daily basis :) Good job! (and remember, all my friends just finished a round of girls... i'm just sayin'...)

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun, what fun! I can't wait to follow the trials and tribulations.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Mommy Bloggers unite! I am so happy you have joined the cult. And I cannot wait to read all about the boys. Go for #4. It could be a girl. You never know...

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home