My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

back to school


It's been almost two weeks since school started up and we're finally settling into the new routine. To my total surprise, the little guy loves pre-school and actually cries on mornings that his brothers go to school and he doesn't. He wants me to talk to his teachers to see if he can go every day. I am dumbfounded. The other two used to hang on my legs and scream for mercy every time I dropped them off for the first two months. This guy is too easy. He puts on his backpack with pride and doesn't even look back when I go. It makes me proud and sad at the same time.




I have no pictures I can post of the older two on their first day of school because there are other kids in the pictures and I don't have their parents' permission. But to sum it up, they are all doing well in school so far and I think the year is going to fly by again.

As for me, I might actually have a life beyond children soon! I've signed up for a pottery class, a "Butts & Guts" fitness class, and a Bible Study Fellowship class, all beginning in a week or two. Also, I actually registered for my first 5K run that will be in about three weeks from now. I don't know why but I'm really nervous about it. I have a feeling I'll be left in the dust by the other runners. But I guess my goal will be just to cross the finish line...

1 Comments:

Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

No way, Nicole! All of those mountain hikes you do with the boys will give you strength that you will see in that race, I'm certain of it!

My youngest is just like yours...she's going three days this year and I'm sure she'll be asking for five. Sigh. They grow up too fast!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home