My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

the ants go marching

Once I became a mom, I found myself saying things I never dreamed I'd say. Things I couldn't have imagined even necessary to be said. Things like:


"Would you please stop licking your pee off the patio and come inside?"


or,

"Please try not to stomp on your brother's neck."


Or even,

"Take the underwear off your head and hand me the knife. Now."



And then there are things I never want to hear from my children. Things like,

"Mom, where are my ants?"



But that's the question my six year-old asked last night right before bedtime after examining his ant farm. Usually, upon closer inspection, I locate the ants huddled together in some obscure tunnel but this time they were nowhere to be found. And then I noticed that the lid was slightly ajar. Just loose enough for tiny ants to slip away, unseen.

So now I have a colony of ants parading around my house looking for a new place to burrow and things to eat. And to make things worse I don't even know what kind of ants they are because we found them at the park after the mail order batch mostly died in transit from the extremely cold weather.



Wish me well.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute. Have you had to say "because I said so" yet? I swore I would never, but I heard it coming out of my mouth the other day...

8:06 PM  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Things I am grateful for today:

That my son has never asked me to buy him an ant farm.

HA!

11:41 PM  
Blogger babs said...

I hope you're getting pictures of them with the underwear on the head... it should make for some great blackmail when they're older. ;)

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home