My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Monday, July 31, 2006

mama says om theme: simple

We spent the weekend livin' the simple life on our first family camping trip. We figured our youngest was finally old enough to take the leap without worrying about waking the entire camp all night with a crying baby. So with our new tent and our truck loaded down, we headed to the mountains.



The boys loved hanging out in the tent eating s'mores. Who wouldn't?



The little guy was a wiped out and took an impromptu nap in the back of the pick-up on the way to the creek.



After climbing a mountain covered with boulders and exploring caves, we surveyed the awesome scenery. It was breathtaking!



Of course the trip wouldn't have been complete for our middle boy without finding an elk bone. He also came home with a spider bite but I guess that's the price you pay for taking a walk on the wild side.



The only glitch was that it got really, really cold at night and we did, too. After getting up about 300 times to cover the boys back up after they kicked off their covers, I stepped on my glasses. My husband said, "Surely, this night has to end soon..." We heard some coyotes and some crying babies, but finally morning did come and we were greeted by our two-year old who is very much a morning person. He came over to our bed, teeth chattering, saying, "Ma-ma, my m-mouth is mo-mo-o-ving." There's nothing like snuggling up to toddler with morning breath while staring blindly into the morning sun, broken spectacles in a neat pile next to the air mattress that has slowly deflated during the night. But I digress...

There may never be another first anniversary, first home, or first baby in our family, but we sure enjoyed our first camping trip and look forward to many more.


for other mamas on "simple" check out mama says om

10 Comments:

Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Aww. It looks like a great weekend to me. We've never done the family camping thing, so I hope to do that in the fall. My son loves going with his troop and my husband, so it'll be neat adding my daughter and me into the mix.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Amy Linder said...

Hah! I love that - mama, my mouth is moving! Simple things like camping trips and cold air remind us of everything new and exciting our little ones experience every day!

Amy :)

8:10 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

We had a fabulous time on our camping trip, but I didn't bring my spare glasses and your story is scaring me, because I'm legally blind without my glasses. (Note to self: bring spare pair next year!)

Haven't put any of the pics up yet because we're STILL unpacking, but hope to soon. In the meantime, yours are terrific! Elk bone, woo hoo!

8:40 PM  
Blogger AscenderRisesAbove said...

what fun pictures; I bet the boys had the time of their lives and will remember it always.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Folkgirl said...

Awsome! I can't wait to take my son for his first trip later this summer!

Great post and pictures!

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm not brave enough for a camping trip yet! Looks like your boys had a wonderful time!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Veronica TM said...

Maybe it wasn't that simple, but it sure sounds like it was fun!
Those are great pics and your boys are so cute!

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks just beautiful. I love it. I would love to try something like that with my girls. I love the take on simple.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Movin Mom said...

Okay CALL ME A DORK but what does
mama says om mean?

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

movin' mama - check out www.mamasaysom.com for all the details

an excellent post! I don't camp, but I'm happy to see pics of happy campers!

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home