My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

boy update


The middle child. He'll be 4 in July. Current interests include dressing up as something different every day. His Spiderman outfit has a gaping hole in the rear but he refuses to give it up. He is stubborn, ornery and affectionate at the same time. He loves stuffed animals and his brothers, too. He is built like an athlete and seems to have a natural "coolness" about him. My husband and I were just saying the other day how it's weird how two nerds like us are raising a cool kid!


The baby. He'll be 2 next month. He is scrumptous. His nature is sweet and compliant (so far) but his favorite song is "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner" by Warren Zevon (don't ask how that happened). He'll melt into a puddle on the floor if you even look at him sternly. He is loving and fun. In the morning he is the first to rise and he'll sit in bed with us and sing songs about "nummy cheesy eggs" until we finally get up and feed him. I am in love.


The eldest boy. He'll be 6 in June. He's artistic and methodical. He looks like me and thinks like me. He's the perfect big brother because of his cautious nature. He tends to worry and will freak out if he's almost late to school (has never even happened yet!) If we had stopped having children after him we would have thought all kids were neat, clean and organized. Our second son gave us a big wake-up call. He is tall and lanky and can run "like an elk". He also likes to joke around and make us laugh.

I love the part from Peter Pan where he says something along the lines of 'you should never put a boy to bed because they'll just wake up a day older.' Where is the time going????

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisabell said...

I miss them SOOO MUCH!!!!

1:42 AM  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

They are beautiful, Nicole! I feel like I know them from Lisa's stories too--and now from reading your blog!

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are so adorable! How I want a boy

12:36 PM  
Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I somehow always find other moms with three boys (me too!). We must put out some kind of radar to one another. Lovely pictures and three beautiful, healthy looking boys.

10:04 AM  
Blogger AscenderRisesAbove said...

how cute are those pictures? They look full of beans!

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home