My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

i'm a weirdo, too

So I've been tagged by Crazy MomCat and I get to list six weird things about me (oh how can I narrow it down?) Here goes:

1. I am currently the mom to a colony of pet Sea Monkies. They were originally for my 3 year-old but what does he know? I allow him to feed them once a week but otherwise they're all mine. I watch them swim and mate (very interesting) and they are actually quite monkey-like even though I know in my heart they are just brine shrimp. They've been thriving for 4 months now (stocking stuffer). It makes me happy to see their new eggs and hatchlings floating in the water.

2. I love amphibians and reptiles. I had a pet frog named Sherman as a child and I had box turtles in college (Tuttle and Rosebud). I allowed them to roam free in my dorm room and took them everywhere with me. They even mated a couple times, much to my dismay. They were so shocked by my intrusion that Rosebud locked Tuttle's feet in her shell and I had to pry them apart. Tuttle didn't even notice.

3. I love to clean. I know, I'm ill.

4. I can do a "spider dance" for my family whenever the urge strikes me. I hunch down and jut out my knees and walk around the room like a weirdo.

5. My husband makes fun of the way I pronounce "wolf" (woof), "button" (buddon), and "ice-cream bowl" (bo-wel). I've become so self-conscious about it that I avoid using those words in any context.

6. Before I had kids I had over 17 jobs in the span of 10 years. I did a little of everything: retail sales, day-care, receptionist, customer service, banking, antique malls, Aggie ring sales, editing standardized tests...I could go on. Yes sir, I'm the most employable person you'll ever meet but you'll be lucky if I stick around for 6 months!

So that's all for now..maybe I'll reveal more strange things in future posts...

If you would like to reveal any weirdness about yourself, consider yourself tagged!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I always though sea monkeys were mythical. I will have to check that out. Cleaning doesn't make ya ill. Clean is a good thing!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

More we have in common--my husband has words that he teases me about too, including "roof" (ruf)and I'm sure woof if he heard me say that. HA! There's more, but I'll just keep those to myself in case someone else reading this might want to tease me!

Second, I love lizards and reptiles too. I volunteered to do the iguana exhibit discussion for my son's field trip. It cracks me up though this lizard talk after your sister's many lizard posts...(grin)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Lisabell said...

Oh yes, the Lizard gene runs strong in our family :) But you MUST see the spider dance. It. Rocks.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Movin Mom said...

Okay how have I neglected reading your blog for a while now.....I gotta catch up here......
My whole family makes fun of the way I say
MILK I used to say MELK instead of the right way
They also tease me about putting the accent on the wrong part when I say Sponge Bah-b and Ice Wah-ter...I have also decided to remove these words from my english language although my son would say that it isn't english at all.

12:38 PM  
Blogger AscenderRisesAbove said...

I had no idea sea monkeys were real! They ought to lose those sketches in the back of comic books and feature a real photo and I bet they would sell more of them!

I read in your profile that you have read everything pat conroy; I have read everything but Bo - which I think is out of print and The Winning Season... I don;t think I could take a whole book about baseball...

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home