My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I'm a 38 year-old mother of three who was blessed enough to marry the right guy. I like to paint and create strange things out of clay and also read, write, run, drink and laugh. I have no idea where the time is going.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

should i be scared?



This is a hand-drawn picture of the guy Cooper claims to see lurking around our backyard these days. Note the pink reptillian eyes, the tiny black wings, the bony legs. Totally creepy.

But the strange thing is, it doesn't freak him out. He completely believes this guy exists but when he "sees" him he just comes in and says, "I saw that guy in the backyard again. You know, the black guy with pink eyes." Like it's no big deal. When he first described him to me I asked why he wasn't screaming when he saw something so scary. He just shrugged and walked away.

I guess that's what it's like to be four. You see things peer around trees while you're on your swingset and they are just another part of the big, strange world you live in. And when you believe your big, strong Dad can protect you from anything, I guess a skinny, pink-eyed creature in your backyard wouldn't seem so bad anyway.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to practice chanting "swing away" Cooper!

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang. That's freaky, Nicole. With all your ghost knowledge, I think you should take Mommagirl's advice!

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried asking him to take a picture of this thing with his little digital camera? Could be an adventure.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home